Sunday, August 16, 2009

Yet Another Blond Moment

So, here's another laugh at my expense...

Anyone who has nursed knows what a "let-down" is. For those who may not know, it happens a few seconds after your baby starts nursing- you get a tingly feelings in your bosoms, like you get when your feet fall asleep, as the milk is "let down" for the baby. Unfortunately, this happens on both sides at once.

I forgot to insert breast pads yesterday, so when I went to nurse Kai during the first block of church meetings, I was relieved that I didn't get the tingly sensation after he latched on. Of course, as luck would have it, I DID have the let down, as evident by the enormous damp spot dominating the left side of both my shirt AND over-blouse!

With 15 minutes left until Primary, I didn't have time to go home and change shirts. So, I wadded up some paper towels and stuffed them under my shirt, hoping to soak it up, which did seem to help.

Of course, once Primary got underway, I was so preoccupied with the kids that I didn't realize that the paper towel was STILL wedged in my shirt, until we had started the last block of meetings! I had a good laugh at myself, hoping the open blouse had concealed it :)

1 comment:

Ashley and Spencer Bunn said...

i feel you, there was one time that kaylee fell asleep before i could feed her and i was really full and i leaned forward or something that hit one side and i leaked and spencer was like uh Ash. no one had noticed i don't think but it was embarrassing