Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Likening the Scriptures... Literally

For scripture study tonight, Fred told me to pick somewhere to read. I meant to look up "endurance" in the index, but the topic "flight" caught my eye first.
I picked 3 Nephi 7:12, and told Fred I'd found a very applicable verse to our travel plans. When I told him which chapter it was, he was very puzzled...


12 "Therefore, Jacob seeing that their enemies were more numerous than they... he commanded his people that they should take their flight into the northernmost part of the land... until they were joined by dissenters..."

I explained that we've been really oppressed lately by "enemies" (dishes, laundry, the litter box, etc).
We are going to pretty much the MOST northern town in the land of Germany.
And when we are joined by my parents and brother, we can fill them in as "dissenters" mentioned in the scriptures.

We sure had a good laugh!

No comments: