Here's the good news: I will commit to making something for you and four other people. A friend of mine on FB has sent out a similar note and, as a soon-to-be recipient of "something" from her, I agreed to pay it forward.
The first five (5) people to respond by commenting on this post will get something made by me.
This offer does have some restrictions and limitations so please read carefully:
1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make. Whatcha get is whatcha get. If you'd like to send me 15 words naming things you like, I will probably play with that.
2. What I create will be just for you, with love.
3. It'll be done this year (2010).
4. I will not give you any clue what it's going to be.
5. In return, all you need to do is post this text (you can alter it because I did) into a note of your own and agree to make 5 things for the first 5 to respond to your note. You can make whatever you want - cookies, paper airplanes, sock puppet, a poem... whatever you want.
6. Send me your email address.
7. It doesn't matter who you are - if I talk to you every day, or once every 10 years, worked with you, if you are a man or woman, or both or neither - if I talked to you twice in high school and have only just now gotten reacquainted it is because I LIKE you and have always thought you were COOL in some way or another... SO please if you want to participate, DO!
8. If you aren't one of the first 5, you can still start your own Giving Tree!
IMPORTANT: This offer is null and void if I do not see you post your own note to pay this forward. For reals.