Thursday, October 2, 2008

(Slowly) Turning a Leaf

Anyone who knows Charla, is aware of her deep addiction to her pacifier. In our family we've shortened it to "Fier". She's certainly cut back over time, mostly using it at nap/bed time, or on long car trips. But she hadn't given us any impression that she has ANY intention of giving it up... Until this week...

2 nights ago, as the bedtime routine was drawing to an end, I offered Charla her Fier, like always, but this time she flat-out refused to accept it, insisting I give it to the baby. You might say I was shocked, so I asked again, a different way. Nope. Give it to Leora. So I put Leora to bed and secretly hid the Fier on the dresser (I don't need her taking up the habit).

Unfortunately, a few minutes later I heard Charla screaming, so I bolted up the stairs, sure she was hurt. Turns out she was screaming for her Fier. Oh well!

WELL.... as Fred and I were checking on the girls this evening, long after they fell asleep, I found the sweetest thing. Charla had no Fier, but there was one in Leora's crib. This leads us to believe Charla gave her Fier to Leora on her own and fell asleep without it!

There is HOPE! Hope for ridding ourselves of the Fiers and hope that my girls will have a beautiful relationship once they get past the "She's touching my stuff" issue.

4 comments:

Ashley and Spencer Bunn said...

way cute. i'm glad kaylee weaned herself at 5 months

maia said...

that is TOO sweet! i can't believe she did that. what a sweet story to have!

John and Becky Bowler said...

That's so cute!!! I love the pictures. :)

Trish Olsen said...

Awww i love my nieces thats soooo cute. what a big girl for sharing. hopefully she will give it up. I still cant leave the house with out Morgans. :)