Monday, September 29, 2008

The Air Force Butt

Last night, Gregory was enthusiastically relating the details of his wildly imaginative battle of tanks and planes and trains. He's starting to learn that there are different services in our armed forces. I asked him to tell me which service had tanks and which had planes.

He was unsure so I went on to say, "Well planes are in the Air Force, but the Army has tanks..." Gregory's eyes got huge, he grinned that devilish grin only 5-year old boys get and he said, "The Air Force BUTT!?" He had never heard the rest of my sentence.

Every time I tried to say it again, he started giggling about the "Air Force Butt" so I abandoned my attempts at correcting the misunderstanding.

1 comment:

Trish Olsen said...

i got the biggest kick out of this when i read it yesterday