Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pink Bread

We went for "easy" tonight, and asked the kids what kind of sandwich they wanted for dinner. We try to give them 2 options, so they feel like they're making the decision, but there's no risk of Cheeto's or Star Bursts for dinner.

I offered Charla PB&J or cream cheese. She said, "No thank you. I want pink bread!"

Pink bread?

A few minutes later I made the same suggestions and she flatly said, "I want pink bread!"

I was worried she was imagining something that I would not be able to give her. Then I remembered that she ate a cream cheese and jam bread for the first time this week. Without asking if that's what she meant, I went ahead and fixed a "pink bread."

She happily ate the whole thing.

3 comments:

Ashley and Spencer Bunn said...

how funny

The Baker Family said...

kids say the darndest things and I love it. I love hearing all the funny cute things kids say. Thanks for sharing.

Trish Olsen said...

hahaha thats by far the cutest thing. I cant wait for brekke to start talking more like that :)