Monday, October 27, 2008

"You Know What You Are, Mama..?"

About the time we started teaching Gregory his most basic manners, Fred made a special effort to drive home one rule:

Ladies First.

I think Gregory understood a long time ago, although he still resists at times. Well, tonight I was wrapping up some things upstairs and told him to go ahead downstairs and that I'd meet him in a minute.

I heard him make it about half way down and then he quickly thump back up the stairs. He had his hands neatly folded behind his back and politely asked me, "You know what you are, mama?"

I wasn't sure where he was going with this, so I asked him to tell me.

"You're a LADY! And ladies go first! So I will wait until you are done to go down the stairs."

YAY for Fred!

1 comment:

Trish Olsen said...

Way to go. Thats a great kid there :0